Movies have been a HUGE part of my life for decades. I've worked in theatres and video stores for over 30 years. Here's what I like and why I like it.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Welcome to I Saw Mommy Kissing Greydon Clark!




Hello, fellow movie nerds!   First off, if you don't think of yourself as a movie nerd, but you enjoy everything you read and see here, then you are most mistaken.  You are most ABSOLUTELY a movie nerd such as myself.  And that is nothing to be upset about.   I always tell people that EVERYONE geeks out about SOMETHING.  Whether it is books, baseball, or collecting blades of grass, everybody has a hobby or item that drives them totally insane and fills their minds for about 60% of every waking day.

Why not let it be movies that do that?

Stand tall and stand proud, ya nerd.   You can even stand next to me.  I'm the one in the MOTEL HELL t-shirt.

This blog will have pretty regular posts, but none will be of the long-form kind.   I don't have the skill or the interest to dive deep on any particular film or topic.  I will blather on from time to time about certain things that I like, but expect 250-300 words to be a mighty epic on this blog.

I will have regular features.   Some of these are easy enough to post that they will almost be daily occurrences.  Some of them might take a little bit more grey matter, but you should be able to find SOMETHING new here just about every day.





Some of the features will be:

I SAW IT -- pretty self explanatory.   If I saw a film over the last 12-24 hours, I'll drop in and give a VERY concise review.  Or, if it's an older film that everyone has seen, I might just drop a few bullet points about things I hadn't noticed before.  I suck at plot descriptions, and I don't have the technical skill to describe camera moves and art direction, so I apologize in advance for those deficiencies.

I WANT IT -- Films that have just come out on Blu-ray or will be soon.  If I want it up in my movie hole, I'll tell you why you should want it up in yours.

I NEED IT -- Same concept, but for films that haven't been announced for release.  This is where I'll cry a lot and you'll want to slap me.  Or, hopefully, you'll cry alongside me.

CRUSH OF THE DAY -- Not necessarily your "hot chick" post that some websites have.   For example, Ian Holm will get a day.   R.G. Armstrong might get THREE days.   And wait til we get to the Eddie Deezen photo layout... hubba hubba.

RANKINGS OF THE DAY -- These will NEVER be your standard Top 5 lists ("best comedies," "best action directors," etc).   These lists will ALWAYS be nonsensical.   And sometimes, if I don't have a good subject to rank, I may just make a list of five items for no reason and let you try to figure out what the HELL I was thinking.

I HEARD IT -- I hope to drop a link to a good movie soundtrack cut every time I blog.   For those of you who love movie music but think it's only the themes from TITANIC and HALLOWEEN, hopefully this will open your ears and mind to some wonderful new sounds.

I PUT IT ON MY WALL -- I love movie posters, and I especially love movie posters from my youth (mid 70's to mid 80's).   So much awesome illustrated artwork filled the 27 x 40" frames of our local cinemas.  Let's look at one each day to remember how much fun it really was.



Who knows what else I'll come up with.  I DO want to be very interactive.   Please use the comments section to talk about the films and actors I bring up.   Give me ideas for other topics to add on a daily/weekly basis.   And I do have a plan to draw readers in for "chats", where I'll set up discussions of topics on Google Hangouts and then post the best parts here.     I want to make a fun kind of site that I would have LOVED when I was just beginning my movie geekhood.  Please help me achieve that, and I hope I can entertain you just a little bit at the same time.   Welcome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment